NTs and especially ENTJs are depicted as evil

Introspective and Pragmatic: ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP, INTP

Re: NTs and especially ENTJs are depicted as evil

Postby fantasticsprite » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:32 am

Resurrecting a dead thread. Bwahaha.

Rationals are depicted as "evil" for many reasons, here's two:

1. We aren't feelers. An example of how this gets misinterpreted is my reaction to those lame poverty commercials on TV. You see the starving kids in Africa, and someone suggests that you send them money to fix the problem. I immediately point out the stupidity of this. Feelers assume this is because I don't care about the plight of the poor, but that's not entirely accurate.

I see a larger problem, the corrupt governments that riddle the continent and funnel money away from productive uses, allowing entire economies to languish in poverty. And, realizing that sending $10 to some charity won't fix the problem (and may actually encourage it), point out that it is useless. That's a typically Rational way of looking at things, but it "feels" wrong and heartless to a Feeler or even a Senser.

2. We tend to be individualists (and Rationals are relatively rare among the population). That is to say, we prefer leadership roles or solitary roles. More sociable types inherently distrust this. Think of most Hollywood villains: You have Mad Scientists (ENTP), Evil Overlords (ENTJ), Lone Assassins (INTJ) and Insane Eggheads who destroy by accident (INTP). Think Dr. Frankenstein (ENTP), The Emperor in Star Wars (ENTJ), Sarah Connor in Terminator 2 (INTJ, even though she's not a villain she's still 'scary' to the feelers), and Dr. Octavius in the recent Spiderman movie (INTP).

The fact that villains tend to always be Rationals certainly doesn't help our reputation much ;).
fantasticsprite

MBTI Type: xNTx

Postby Jack Mon Drake » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:27 am

Is it not obvious? With people like Napoleon (a ruthless dictator who has been compared to Hitler himself) and Margret Thatcher (no explanation needed), who are well known ENTJs, that are stains on our history, I would be stereotyping all ENTJs as well. We are unlucky that we have such a "colourful" background, but it happens. Here's hoping that a good ENTJ, other than Sean Connery, comes along.
Jack Mon Drake

MBTI Type: ENTJ

Postby Zsych » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:58 pm

It might just be that the majority of writers aren't NT, and they base evil characters off of people they don't get along with, or those that have slighted them.

I'm pretty sure some people consider me evil - some people I actually cared about and tried to help - in my harsh NT way :p
Zsych

MBTI Type: XNTX

Postby Gabe » Mon May 24, 2010 12:04 am

Iron Mickie wrote:I think that we are the least likely to be truly "evil." We are rational and vocal about our positions. We find out if we are wrong or right quicker than other types because of our specific traits:
-thinking out loud
-expressing our ideas openly
-talking to people with different perspectives
-being open to more reasonable/correct arguments

If someone has more evidence to back up their argument, we submit to that argument and adopt it (assuming it was actually the better argument); this includes ethical arguments (probably the hardest to argue for or against because they are based on wisdom/personal experience/life lessons). These ethical arguments are probably why we are depicted as evil; we are great at arguing, and if someone can't budge us to their ethical position they think we are evil or closed-minded (when in fact we are extremely open minded, we just need evidence/a better argument) for not agreeing that they could even possibly be right.

Also, in general we are more powerful than your run-of-the-mill human...
We ENTJs are the common enemy of the less powerful (emotionally, financially, intellectually, charismatically, etc. Obviously this doesn't apply to all, but I would say in general it is true).

I am reasonable, rational, and focused on succeeding in life (which includes being a good person).

<3 T

:P

ha

I new a response like this would pop up eventually.

I see though: ENTJS are "more powerful" than other human beings.

Steaming BS.

I have met a few people EVER who were skilled arguers because they actually had a fairly open mind. The rest just liked saving face. Once I know people for a while, thier convictions and agendas become fairly obvious, and everybody has some emotional agendas.

now please go and get the heck over yourself.
Gabe

MBTI Type: XXXX

Postby Iron Mickie » Mon May 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Your inability to spell correctly makes me think that responding might not be a great investment of time (it is "knew" not "new" in the context you used, which is a fact; if you would like to argue this point, I have evidence to back me up).

We argue with facts; the only time we ENTJs, and NTs alike, are wrong is when we are misinformed or the information changes. We don't stick to our guns to save face, we find the information and prove ourselves right or wrong... for better or worse.

We aren't stuck on ourselves... people generally want to be like us. Am I proud of this, yes. Would I care if they didn't want to be like us, no. Here is a piece of evidence: In a poll, people were asked "If you could change your type, what would you change to?" ENTJ was the #1 pick. You will notice that the real #1 choice was that people wouldn't change their type, but that isn't a type.

Here is a link to that poll: http://www.socionics.com/advan/comments ... 10665.poll

It isn't all good for ENTJs though, we are most likely to die younger due to heart disease (probably caused by stress).

I hope you are enjoying your word sandwich.
It's lonely at the top, but the view is simply marvelous... : )
Iron Mickie

Postby Veritas » Sat May 29, 2010 11:08 am

Yup. Iron Mickie is right :lol:
IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN WALK ON YOUR KNEES.
Veritas

Postby mobilelife » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:08 am

It might be possible NTS are depicted as evil since NTs approach life from a detached point of view and are statistically the minority. This writing is from a need to be understood. Ironically, from reading Nts are apparently the most innocent depending on context. We need more NTS
mobilelife

MBTI Type: NTJ

Postby Iron Mickie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:40 pm

here here!
It's lonely at the top, but the view is simply marvelous... : )
Iron Mickie

Postby lamer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:29 am

I was so suprised when i regconised that persons whom i get along well and think they are most honest and frank (good to me) are tested as ENTJ,among my friends ( 1 sister,1 cousin, 3 friends) :D. I didn't know about the type before i know them. I am very objective, especially in judging a person.
If someone tells me that im evil, no problem. I can handle that, no matter to me. But i must ask him/ her what basis he/she uses to judge me? and what moral/ ethic/ behaviour he see as standards to apply for? If he can tell me directly in a reasonable and logical, and prove it precisely, then fine. If he can't, then people will know who is the asshole evil! no more argument!
And one more thing i will let him/her know: I know myself much more than anyone else, and i judge myself even much stricter than anyone else does.
Per timorem ambulate! Flammam in anima ardete! Longa et obcura nox a prima luce superabitur.
lamer

Postby ENTJWoman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Just checking in with everyone since it is 2011 and as usual I am trying to be optimistic about the future.
ENTJWoman

PreviousNext

Return to NTs (Rationals)